06-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
i am not 100% but i think the limiter is only in 6th. to me it seems like 5th is this cars sweet spot

The speed limiter works in all gears. I think this is a falicy. People said the same thing for the 135i and even the M3. Its just that most people do not get the chance to drive THAT fast in the states or even while on ED over here. Even most Germans do not drive that fast! lol

I seriously doubt that the 1M will go faster than a real 260 kph without having its V-max speed limiter removed. That would be in sith gear too. BMW has said it is set to 250 kph. And unlike previous M models no higher speed limiter will be available.

Even on a 135i with sport package ((which included "#840 speed syncronation" option which is BMW speak for a higher speed limiter from the standard 135is 210 kph limiter) a 135i will only do a real 240 kph top speed. With the V-max chip from any tuner over here... 285 or 290 kph is possible. I personally have only seen 280 kph on my tuned 135i.

Some the M3 guys said their car could do 280kph or 173 mph.... but then I pointed out to them that the speedo WILL read 4% (or more) higher than true velhicle speed. ALL M cars will ony do 250 kph. IF you go thru a M driving school over here... you get a special certificate and race licsence - with this you can go to your BMW Zentrum and PAY for the 280 kph (real kph) speed limiter to be coded into the ECU. Or pay some chip tuner over here a few thousand euros for the V-max to be open. On an M3 that gets you right around 300 kph (real) v-max.
Appreciate 0