View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #22
morrisryanc
Wrap anything in bacon and it's instantly better.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 28i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWtheone View Post
The latest status I have is from 3 days ago. It is at the port of exit waiting for it to be loaded on a ship. I was really hoping it will be loaded on the ship Integrity that left Bremerhaven on the 11th. Well technically the 12 th at 30 min past midnight. I am waiting for my dealer to tell me what the latest status is.

I really like my dealership. They are good bunch of people to deal with.

What is your status? Do you ow which week your car is being produced at?
Just got an email back today from my CA stating that I am production week #23. So depressing. I ordered it on 4/12. I doubt it will be here by July 1 which is when I wanted it for a big beach vacation...I ordered it back in April thinking that it would probably take a while, but not this long. I think what is disappointing/frustrating is that the CA wasn't forthright with the production date. He just kept responding to emails that it should go into production mid-May. I think he knew all along what production week his dealership was allotted and kept that from me so I wouldn't take my business to another dealership who had a better production week allocation.

I will have already missed half the summer without the car (it's a convertible, so warm weather is kinda a big deal for enjoying the top down).

The CA also said in today's email that there was a delay at the factory. He said he'd try to find out more tomorrow. I think it's all B.S. and he's just trying to cover up the fact he had a far off production date allocation.
WTB: 2021-22 BMW M3 Base | 2020 Porsche 911 S | 2019 VW Tiguan | 2015 Audi A8 L TDI | 2016 Mercedes C300 Sport (Ret.) | 2013 X3 28i ///M Sport (Ret.)| 2012 128i Cabrio (Ret.) | 2009 Yamaha R6 (Ret.) | 2010 Mercedes C300 Sport (Ret.) | 2006 MINI Cooper S (Ret.)
Appreciate 0