View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #354
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Don't care much for having my license published on the forum, but possibly Artemis' big brother will figure it out one day anyways.
Plan to have services done at Centrauto in Wijnechem, does anybody have feedback on them? or alternative raving reviews around Antwerpen? Perhaps I got spoiled in the US, but is it customary to get a replacement car when your car is in service? Can you mention other dealer specific stuff that I'd better pick up on quickly?
Hopefully my final Belgium specific question: can anybody post their alarm certification, of course with personally identifiable stuff marked out? Trying to get BMW Belgium to certify a preexisting 'foreign' BMW alarm.
I have to tell you guys a remarkable experience (from a foreigners perspective): Within roughly 1 year already twice we got stopped for a 100% alcohol screening on a major highway in the weekend. Afterwards we received a goody bag that contained: a bottle Margarita mix and mix for Pisang Ambon. Giving a subliminal message: as reward for not drinking & driving: here's some products that may tempt you to ... . The included Shake-N-Bake pancake mix was very appreciated.
As regards your 1M roaming the Belgian roads: maybe you already feature in this list of almost 130. Which color is your 1M (not VO, if my memory serves me well) ?: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...25&postcount=1 I can also add you to the list of Belgian forum fellows: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=263.

Getting a courtesy car during maintenance is possible. Renting should be possible. Depends a bit on the dealership policy. In the event of accident repairs, your insurance or road assistance insurer might take care of this aspect too, depending on the agreed insurance policy terms.

Personally got no experience regarding the Wijnegem dealership, so cannot make statements about them.

As to the car alarm, I don't recall personally undertaking specific measures. Insurance company approved on the basis of the proper information received. I guess my insurance broker took care of transferring the required info. Should check my car docs.

Re alcohol control. Yeah, sometimes you get a "BOB" hanger. Belgian road safety campaigns smartly introduced the term "BOB" to designate a person who deliberately refuses to consume alcohol beverages before driving the car, because (s)he wants to safely bring back home his/her friends after a night of stepping out. Repeated awareness campaigns were successful. It even became an expression: "Let's decide who of us is gonna be BOB tonight" and in restaurants: "Wine or beer ? No thanks, I'm BOB tonight"). I did not know they gave alcohol gifts as an incentive. Are you sure that it was not some sort of drinks promo team instead of the police ?

Last edited by Artemis; 01-09-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0