View Single Post
      07-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #51
Fraserb64
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 125i Soft top E88

Not Snake Oil (seems legit)

Just had a Terraclean and another service they offer but mention less which focuses on the induction side.

To set the context my car is remapped and no has the power at top end but was noticeably "lumpy" through the lower rev range, which showed up on the dyno charts. The chip company said looks like carbon build up on the induction side. We continued with the remap an the car gained +50BHP and +30lb/ft of torque, so a good result. The lumpiness was still there at the bottom until about 5000 rpm when all hell let loose.

Anyway I decided to try Terraclean rather than several bottles of fuel additives along with expensive tankfuls of premium unleaded.

Took the car in to a local garage who did the Terraclean and Induction clean.
Picked up car and immediately noticed the difference - from sun 1000 rpm all the way to the aforementioned 5000+ rpm it was lump free.

I then decided to replicate my journey to work there was enough traffic around albeit a different time of day. My average fuel consumption went up from 28-30 mpg to 34mpg (20 mile round trip with slow zones for a couple villages and roundabouts etc. not smooth and flowing).

So off the bat I am saying it looks good.
Appreciate 0