View Single Post
      08-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP

Garage List
Farewell and Hello 1M meets M3

After 15 months and 11K miles, I bade farewell to my 1M. It's going to a good home and a great owner. Someone who truly appreciates this car for all that it represents. In the process of losing my VO 1M, I have gained a great colleague and fellow pistonhead.

The little 1M was placed on a closed container transport and is now en route from FL to CA, where it's new owner and playground await.

There are NO GOOD REASONS to sell this car. There are only excuses. In truth, this is one of the best MT cars I have owned, and I am sad to see it go. However, it was time. I enjoyed every single second of ownership. My 1M always put a giant grin on my face every single day. Better than Prozac, stronger than Vicodin, and cheaper than a hot girlfriend, the quintessential 1-series was the highlight of the day.

I searched for a suitable replacement. 991's disappointed, feeling large, heavy, and disconnected. 997's were more in tune with the 1M experience; however, a suitable replacement to the 1M required a large investment, such as the CS, GT3, or even Turbo models. Feeling a little disappointed, I decided to try an M3 with ZCP and DCT. Something.....entirely different. I concluded that it was necessary to confirm whether all the accolades bestowed upon the M3 were appropriate before investing six figures in a Porsche that did not quite convince me. Glad I did....although an entirely different animal, the M3 has the same BMW pedigree. A feeling not easily found in other makes. It is laudable that the BMW M Division has created two vehicles that achieve the same end result in very different ways.

In the end, the Comp Pack M3 in Interlagos Blue beat the Porshces as my 1M replacement. Here are some pics of the two "brothers Grimm," and the farewell to my pumpkin car. To all my fellow 1M pilots, rest assured there is one M3 pilot out there who has owned both cars, appreciates their pedigree, and respects their contrasting personalities.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0