View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #43
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
Also... hate to be a stickler, but there are no upper control arms in front... It's mcpherson strut... only has lower control arms.
the 'upper control arm' is more correctly called the tension rod
and yes it's 'upper'

http://imbmparts.com/site/wp-content...7/DSC_1305.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
Front is McPherson Strut... so the conversion consists of 2 lower control arms (aka wishbone... but not really a true wishbone, because they move separately) and headlight rod. You can also do the sway bar as well. Adjustable endlinks aren't needed until the car is lowered.

Rear is Multi-Link... so the conversion consists of 1 lower control arm, guide rod, and upper link. You can also do the sway bar and an adjustable toe control arm.

It's important to note that the rear conversion requires the type of shock that will connect to the lower control arm. This is much different that stock.
correction, it consists of the lower control arms (2), headlight rod, and tension rods (2)

can you provide more links/pics to the rear conversion? i'm assuming it also requires some pretty hefty modification?

ED: ok so "rear camber links" are the offending part, and installing these lets you run ACTUAL M3 coilovers/shock/spring combos? even for the front (which i'm guessing match up exactly like stock?)

Last edited by flinchy; 08-28-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0