11-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #213
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean WHP View Post
amazing update, always a pleasure to read!

I have the exact same jack and jack stands, However I bought my jack from harbour freight and I'm pretty sure its the same jack made in the same factory somewhere overseas, just re-branded as the harbour freight model. If I recall correctly, I bought it for around 110$ with a coupon in store! Also, I bought the esco jack stands from a site online they frequently drops the price on them. I paid about 32$ per jack stand as well! I made a youtube video about these a very long time ago in the beginning of my build thread but it didnt get much traffic, so I thought it would be good to mention this info here for anyone reading!

Here is a link to the jack for those interested: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...ump-68050.html

Here is a link to the esco stands for cheap! (they are currently 70$ but price changes on them constantly, keep an eye out and they will eventually drop to around 33$ per stand) http://www.coastaltoolsupply.com/product/ESC-10498.html

Also about jacking up the 135i, A really easy and simply way to get the 2 and 3/4 inch jack all the way to the front center jacking point, is to have 2 good old trusty 2x4's handy, each one about 2-3 feet long, and just drive the front tires onto them! This will effectively lift your front bumper 2 inches higher and then jack slips right under and the way to the jacking point! Ive found this to be way than messing around with another jack on one end

oh and lastly, you'll be glad you have the esco stands and 24" max height jack when it comes time to installing the turbos. I put my car on level 5 on the esco stands one time just for fun, and it was very satisfying to see how much room there was under the car. Even on a creeper a couple inches above the ground I had plenty of breathing room under there!
I definitely ran across your thread when researching the proper setup and I even referenced it when deciding between the 10498 & 10499 models. I'll try out the 2x4 method for bypassing the second jack next time. The lowered stance and front lip makes driving right up on to the Rhino Ramps impossible. I'm looking forward to seeing the car up at full capacity when it comes turbo install time though. It sounds like you may have gotten some slightly better deals than me though, which I can always appreciate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Great update chadillac2000 - I've been searching for some new stands and jack since I'll be lowering my car soon and these look great. Those pivot mounts are brilliant as well!
The stands and the pivot mounts are an excellent combo and I'd definitely recommend them. Unfortunately it seems like multiple steps will always be necessary when raising a lowered 1er unfortunately, whether it be utilizing another jack or pulling up on pieces of wood.
Appreciate 0