09-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #15
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Hmm. Very strange with their vague replies and shroud of mystery.

Ok, managed to dig some stuff up. These 2 companies (Evolve Australia and Evolve Uk) sell the same product. Their ties are both overseas (I thought it was in Uk but I was wrong on this one). The Australian one as you state above links their ties to Germany, and the one in the UK links their ties to 'Europe'. I am certain they also get their tunes from Germany too - you can email them to confirm I guess.

The one in the UK has been around for I think about 15 years. Their process is the same as over here.

I used to live in the UK and the "Evolve' brand is quite well known and respected. I originally thought it was based there but looks like its based in Germany/Europe.

Whether you go with DMS or Evolve it is the same process though - car goes in overnight, download original software from car, send overseas, etc etc.

However there seems to be a bit of bullshit flying around though. Why is the car needed overnight? It takes all of 30mins to upload the software. There is no ''we do most of the work''. The software is written overseas and is just emailed over, there is no ''work'' on this side. DMS/ Evolve pay the software writers a fee for the software and then resell back to us consumers.

There is a ''standard'' software (from each respective company) which is used.

If it helps, I know for a fact that DMS is UK based. I have read several articles about the owner etc. In the UK you get charged a fee which is much cheaper than over here which includes:
1. Upload ''standard'' software
2. Dyno
3. Tweaking of software
4. Final product

Here in Australia, whoever you choose to go with the fee only covers step 1.

The DMS tune is claimed to be invisble. I do not know whether the evolve is or not.
Appreciate 0