02-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Yes, so far no issues on the Idrive menu there is an option to initiate/reset tire pressure just like the old E90 330i. It looks the same.

I won the car at auction (repo). Apparently, the previous operator already had that taken care of. There is a RF receiver someplace in the trunk that must be unplugged.

The end result is the same.

- The previous US system (eliminated by federal regulation in MY 2007 NANNY STATE!) used the stability control system to monitor wheel speed at all four wheels and compare it to a base line. If one of the wheels suddenly or gradually came out of tolerance you received the warning. If you added air to any tire or adjusted your air pressure the operator must set a new baseline for the system to check against. This is the current system used in the EU.

- The new system actually uses pressure sensors attached to the valve stem. The sensors send a small RF signal to a monitor/receiver in the car. The receiver plugs into the Idrive or cars computer system. With this system you simply add air to the offending tire and the fault goes away. At least that is how it worked on the 2010 Jetta TDI. It is very accurate. In the Jetta pressure drops of even 1 pound caused the system to throw a warning.

Hope this helps.