03-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeros and ones View Post
ok.. the lambo doors I can see why someone would comment.

But guys, don't be hating that he got a 1m fenders and bumper.

What is the difference between what he did and a e39 guy getting m5 bumper front/back. Or even a e46 getting m3 bumpers in the front.

or would a 2003 540i be posing to be an M5? cause looks wise all it is missing is a quad exhaust and the oval mirrors. (Taking about exterior only)

Or what about the e82 guys getting a quad exhaust on there cars? are they trying to be 1m posers too?

or how about 128i (like myself) that has the M-sport package from factory posing to be 135i?

I wouldn't buy those parts for my car. What I would get is the 1m bumper made by Kerscher.

Overall I think it looks great... but with the front being much wider than the back now.. make the car look a bit weird.
The exhaust i could see for performance and for looks because all m's have a quad exhaust. But other than that buying a new bumper for a 5 series is no different than this. Putting an m body kit on a non m car is just faking and being something you aren't. I drive a 135i and im proud of it. Not to mention its faster than a 1m anyway..
Appreciate 0