View Single Post
      05-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #59
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsfb View Post
I’ve now been for a run with the other exhaust on and the drone is ALMOST completely gone. It now comes in about 200 rpm higher but compared to before, the difference is like chalk and cheese. I can get along with the way it is now.

Yes, the dealer put the one from the demo on mine and tested it, finding it to be ok.
They expected mine to cause problems on the demo but that didn’t happen so they had a quick fix although they don’t know how/why.

They also said that if mine did cause problems on the demo, it would have had to go back on my car and investigations started again from there, so I think I’m very lucky indeed.

I’m sorry this doesn’t help others who have this drone but the dealer said they have informed BMW about it because this was all warranty work.

With so many people getting this I would say there has to be some underlying problem though.
I will take my car to the dealership this afternoon and report what they are saying about it as well.

Reading the thread it does not seem like others are taking action, ie. going to the dealer to determine if there is a problem or not, as much as you and I.
Appreciate 0