View Single Post
      05-09-2007, 02:00 AM   #20
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

if they mean a tandem turbine-blade cascade then the turbo will have a second row of blades on either the stator or the rotor which has more blades than the first stage. this i am familiar with, however it also makes sense as a word those crazy euros would use to describe sequential turbochargers. either way sounds like they are developing a higher pressure turbocharged engine with a higher output than the 335i. if i hadnt heard what i have about the M1 supposedly getting the current m3 engine i would guess that is what its for.

them making a twin turbo top performer right now in the way of the 335 surprises me enough but them making a turbo M sounds like a stretch. especially if they are developing this car to appease BMW enthusiasts/purists (although i doubt they would go too far out of their way just for that). but if they were to do it, i would imagine they were testing some alternative technology that would make a turbocharger produce a smooth high-rpm-loving powerband that is the M soul and appeases the M1 project engineers.

as far as power plants go i think im still more interested in the 135. but the M is so much more.. haha, yar.
Appreciate 0