10-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
I will guys. I wish they could just put the old software on there.
They can not now. Your best bet is either the PPK sw or for them to reload the latest SW but check off the Wastegate Adaptation option. Tell them you don't care about noisey injectors or a noisey Wastegate... you want your P-O-W-E-R back!

In my car it felt like a -30 Hp decrease when I got the BMW's latest SW update. That is what it felt like to my BUTT Dyno! The added lag was also a big let down. Its just like you described... you have to press down on the throttle MUCH MORE to get the same level of accel as before. Before 1/4 throttle and post SW update 2/3rds throttle.

When I got my flash tune from MS Tuning (over here in DE) even before we drove away... when the engine started... I could tell(hear) my old N54 baby was BACK! There is something in BMW's latest SW that really makes the engine idle smoother and lower (600 rpms instead of 800 or so) but all teh injector noise is gone. But for me the deal breaker is all that power and snapy throttle respone is also gone(gutted)! I am happy I went with a SW flash tune. Not a single problem in 20K kms of driving.
Appreciate 0