06-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
"IIRC, the "blue glass" is the euro-spec mirror that's tinted blue-ish but (more importantly) offers a wider-angle field of view, supposedly eliminating blind spots.

Sure that's a euro-spec? I have noticed a blue tint on my exterior mirrors.
What options do you have TMR?

I thought the right hand side mirror is always convex, because it says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear". Or is it that the European mirrors are even more convexed than the North American mirrors so that it even covers the blind spot of the car?

My gf also have a 128i convertible with interior auto-dimming mirror. I don't notice the exteriors dim tho, so I am guessing they aren't exterior auto-dimming mirror. They are not blue tinted either. However, the mirrors on her 128i have a robber/plastic trim around it; While mine is just all glass to the very edge of the mirror...

I will try to post a picture of the difference when I meet up with my gf again this weekend. There seems to be a lot more different kinds of mirrors than it seems.... and it's rather hard to sort out the exact difference in functionality between all of them...
Appreciate 0