tyorll
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I have a question:

What's your concern about having to drill holes through the brake/clutch pedals if you already had to drill for the accelerator and footrest? If you drilled 2 of the 4 then what would it hurt to simply drill the whole set?

Also, if you did not drill the brake/clutch pedals, how did you attach them since they came with screws for mounting purposes?
The footwell/accelerator are plastic and in the case of the accelerator are removeable. Drilling into these is effortless. Not so the case for the brake/clutch pedals.

Having said that, it's just a plus about the design that you don't drill the clutch/brake pedal. Drilling holes wouldn't be that much more involved but it would be a little tricky trying to get purchase on the metal in exactly the right spot. For this set, instead they supply 4 allen screws, nuts and washers which you insert through the aluminium pedal cover and these closely hug the brake/clutch pedals in the car (with the stock rubber covers removed) and you then sandwich the aluminium cover onto the pedal using the washers and nuts from behind.

The price for the quality of the pedals is what impressed me most.
Appreciate 0