View Single Post
      08-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #21
Carbon3
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i & BMW E82 M1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Thanks. I figured I'd be one of the first running it and wanted to let fellow 1addicts know that some good quality parts are starting to become available for our cars!

Congrats - add some comments here after you get it installed! I wanna know what you think. :smile:

I can understand that the price is the deciding factor for many, but if you take a good look at the BMW performance exhaust it's A LOT different than what you're getting here. Being that BMW puts their name on it I'm sure it's undoubtedly a quality piece and the sound is pretty decent; however, if you look at the design is going to be considerably more restrictive as well. There are still lots of kinks and bends it it, the muffler is still quite large and the flow has to make what looks like 2x 90 degree bends prior to exiting. The cp-e piece has a nice fluid design with minima bends/restrictions and is SUPER light compared to stock. I wish I would have weighed it for comparison-sake prior to the install...

I do agree that a quad system would be SUPER cool, but feel that the cost will be quite high based on what will need to go in to R&D in addition to the need for an additional (or larger) muffler AND the addition of a new rear diffuser. I would guess that the center exit system that cp-e is working on would be less costly and will still give the rear of the car a cool, new look! Just my $.02 :thumbup:

Here's a PS of what they're going for:

WOW, you take shyt right from under people when they aint around, huh...
Appreciate 0