11-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
ETADRAFT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012-135i-white/coral/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
since you said you're in advance group, I would say the most important mod is camber plates. without it, the car feels like a pig at the trough and if you're fairly fast, you'll soon run out of brakes. race pads, fluid, ti shims and some cooling will get the job done 98% time.
Thats good info. what is the proffered camber plate? (i"ll do a search also) I like to think i'm fairly fast, but this will be my first season in this car so i'm sure i wont be too fast to start. FWD to RWD i'm told is a whole new ballgame.

My MOD plan so far for a weekend tracker is;
-shims and pads, bummer about the pistons on these calipers. (i was using Carbotech xp12 in VW, probably will stick with this)
-SS brake lines & Fluid.
-Cooling - could use some suggestions here
-Camber plates
-Rims & Tires - stagger? or square? always a good debate.

I already installed a JB4 with intake and DP, couldnt resist the HP/TQ claim seat of pants dyno approved it.

I'm getting amped for a track day, been off for about a year.
2012 - 135i - White/Coral - BMS stg2, BMS intake, BMS catless DP, BMS meth, CP-e charge pipe, KW clubsports, M3 suspension bits, BRR rollbar, MOMO FIA seats, 18" APEX EC7 wheels 18x10.5 square, UUC short shifter, Stoptech BBK, ER wide front, N5tuner rear, ER dual oil cooler, CSF radiator, PS2, BMP PI, BoostConcepts LPFP upgrade.
Appreciate 0