06-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
Hi (from Australia),

I just installed Bilstein B14 coilovers in my 130i, and it is very good! Especially when cornering, the turn-in has improved a lot. You can carry so much more speed through the corner and it really inspires your confidence as well. The ride quality is not too bad, it is not as bouncy as stock. You can definitely feel that it is firmer, but the car feels much more fluid going through bumps.

The B14 is only height-adjustable and it will not drop your car to the ground. Your budget is quite easily achievable I think. I ordered mine from Germany and it will definitely save you $$.

Ken
Thanks I will do some research on these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Scoop up some KW V1's from SonicMS (aprox. $150 over your budget) or take a look at the group buy section. I know EAS and GTB are doing some specials right now.
Thanks! I never knew sonic motorsport existed. Great pricing. I thought the ST coilovers were the same as the KW V1's. They are just finished with a different coating that is not rust free, and they only have a 5 year warranty instead of KWNs lifetime warranty.

The ST coilovers are $999. And if I'm going to get the same ride out of each of them, I will just go with the ST to save a few hundred.