View Single Post
      06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawzdogg View Post
I have STs and I am happy with them also. They are slightly stiffer than the OEM set up like 1speedbike said and are great on the roads. I do wish I could make them slightly stiffer as well. I picked mine up from **********s for $900 which is a huge savings from the price of the KW Variant 1.
That's good, 2 positive reviews already! I will check out **********s and likely order a set. I need these installed and the car aligned by june 29th. I will be busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I have STs and I am happy with them. In an ideal world, I'd maybe like them a bit stiffer, but riding around on crappy/rough NJ roads, I do appreciate how compliant they are. I don't mind the slight sacrifice in performance to be more comfortable. When they were first installed, the ride quality was very OEM-like, so for a minute I thought I got swindled. However, when I started taking some turns I realized how much better they are than stock.

They've also survived one (admittedly weak) winter with no visible rust on them. If anyone's worried about that, realize that no Koni shocks and most springs don't have a rust-proof coating either, and lots of people in snowy/salty climates run those.
Good to hear you like them. Seeing as it is my daily driver, comfort is my number one priority.

How was the install?