06-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post
How was the install?
Didn't install them myself, but it was a $350 flat rate where I got them installed. Usually about 3-4 hours of labor time. Some coils take up to 6 hours for some reason, even at good shops, but the STs are a breeze supposedly. I don't have a lift or jacks available, or else I would have tried myself. For the average person I'd say it's a full day/weekend job unless you've done it before, have a lift that you can comfortably work under, and/or have friends to help.

And yes, I'm very happy. As I said, if they were a BIT stiffer I would love it on flat, twisty roads, but over bumps I already feel like I'm beating up the car. On big bumps, there isn't as much residual bounce-back so that's actually MORE comfortable, but the sound and stiffness going over bumps and bridge expansion joints makes me actually feel bad for the car until I realize it would be taking this punishment anyway, I just wouldn't be feeling it with the soft shocks. On small bumps/imperfections it's less comfortable, but more composed/controllable. Overall, very happy. I'd want them stiffer if I lived in Germany and had those smooth autobahns, but in the US on crap roads, they're perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfv2 View Post
ST's are 770 from 1xracing.com
That's a steal! I got mine for $999 shipped about a year ago. Thanks for the info.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0