View Single Post
      08-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 135i View Post
your completely wrong man, i've removed my sidemarkers twice already and the correct way to remove them is to slide them forward towards the headlights then use something to pry the back end (facing towards the rear of the car) and lift up while still pushing the light forward (in the video its the opposite since the E9x's sidemarkers are basically the other way around compared to E8x's). here's a youtube video that Bimmian has on it i'm also running Bimmian's smoked LED sidemarkers shown in the video and i HIGHLY recommend them over every other smoked LED sidemarkers offered since bimmian's have a plug and play connector unlike the rest where you have to splice the wires to connect them.
sorry man, mine didnt slide like that (maybe my brackets are just uber stout or something)...spent 10min trying to get em too after someone mentioned it, then just tried the CC on the thick end trick to pop it up, worked like a charm...not sure what to tell you, but im definitely not 'completely wrong'. My method doesnt sound much different than yours, just popping up the one end, but mine didnt slide like that video shows at all.
Appreciate 0