06-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #112
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by octironSmith View Post
So do we think this is worth the loss of comfort? Thoughts?

Wasn't this with complete CF body panel replacement?
I think 3200 would be pushing it for daily comfort.

if you did a carbon front end and carbon trunk with light weight battery and some other minor tinkering, you're probably about as far as would be considered usable.

once you start driving around without a back seat and trunk lining, you're entering a different level of discomfort.

I would be willing to bet that 3300 is more reasonable then 3200lbs, but, everyone has a different opinion of what is tollerable, it's up to you to decide.

I had a car that I drove for about a year that was pretty much stripped out, was one of the most fun times of my life, unless I was on a road trip, and I never missed music so much (and the car had a stereo, it was just not that audible over the noises of the car)

It's a fine line, but it's up to you.

I would keep it simple, carbon hood and trunk, light weight wheels, and maybe sun roof. Take the back seat out for track days. and maybe scrap the plastic under the hood, it's very unnecessary. Going light weight battery does sit on the fence in my opinion. I love the idea but I know the battery is in the back for weight distribution purposes, and putting a light weight one in there when you have a massive front mount intercooler is going to move the bias to the front. This is why I've left my battery stock.

I'm willing to bet this would put the car at the 3300lbs and maybe a touch lighter mark

100lbs off a car is very noticeable to me. So, really depends how greedy for light weight you get

That 2500lbs car isn't usable on the street anymore. It may still be licensed, but there would be nothing legal about it.
Appreciate 0