View Single Post
      03-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
slowrider
Rep
Drives: 2009 135ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
I had to do the same thing, buy some used rears before lease turn in (not because I burned them slowrider! lol) because they wore out ridiculously quickly.
Heh, I'm probably going to have 3 sets of rims before the end of the summer. I put together something that approximates the mobility kit (slime and a compressor) so that I can run normal tires. I dont like the cost of RFT combined with the limited life and poor ride quality/grip.

I also have a set of Style 44 17 rims from my 330xi that I hope to use as winter rims. Not that I plan on driving it a lot in the winter, but Ive been caught out in bad weather a few times and getting home on summer performance tires is always a bit of an adventure. I'll probably run all season tires on those rims and on the 17 inch rim will give me a little more sidewall to deal with the crap winter roads.

The third set is if I get into AutoX to the same level of obsession I usually achieve with other motorsports. Its a bad sign that Im at Tire Rack 4-5 times a day looking at different wheel packages.