View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #10
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Thanks. I bought this car for what I DON'T have to do to it. I've spent a lot of time and money over the last 7 years modifying two Audi's. It was fun while it lasted, but this time around I needed a change. I am just tired of doing it. I went all out for the M Sport so I don't have any body work. The only interior thing I want is the pedals, so that's why they're on order (plus the few nit picky things). Other than that, I like the stock ride height and the stock handling. I really don't want to mess with what I consider to be more than enjoyable. Performance wise I am planning a Cobb Stage 1+ and that's it. I am going to leave it stock for at least 2-3 mos. while I adjust my driving style to suit RWD (I am used to AWD). I like the exhaust and see no need to change it. I went for a car with HK because I am SO tired of fucking around with car audio. The iDrive with the HK is more than sufficient for me. Overall, very happy with my purchase!
Congrats! Looks good. Which pedals are you going with? I personally love the BMW Stainless Steel ones that match the stainless dead pedal and are about $120, but not sure if that's what you ordered.

Also, I had bimmertech do my sirius as well, so guess you didn't have the premium package? They did a great job and I had them do a few other lil coding things as well that you may want to ask about while you wait for the OBD thingy. I got the digital speedo (though it's a lil dinky with the DCT compared to 6MT) and had them disable that idrive warning every time I started the car. Was only a few bucks more and figured they were already in my car's computer anyways and took all of 2 more minutes to do. Enjoy, and I will say though, that the stock exhaust sounds good, but man, the BMW Performance Exhaust makes it sound like an exotic beast, so you may want to consider that one day down the road perhaps. Never been an exhaust person myself, but it's so worth it on these. So many people on here get it, and seemingly never listen to their radios or music again! Just windows down and listening to that exhaust. I still like blasting my music via the HK though.

Enjoy and welcome to the club.
Appreciate 0