04-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Oh good, the pedals you got ARE the BMW Stainless Steel ones I have and was referring to. You have good taste. =P

Do you have the window sticker for the car? Probably not if bought from a dealer I suppose. You should look up one of those VIN decoders online or on this site where you can pop your VIN in and it'll show everything your car came with from the factory.

So, you don't see a SATELLITE option on the idrive menu when you go to the radio menu? That's how I know you likely don't have the premium package. Premium package includes - leather, comfort access keyless thingy, universal garage door opener built into the rearview mirror, 1 year of satellite radio, and some lil exterior lighting in the door handles. You can get leather seats as a stand alone like $1450 option though, so leather alone doesn't mean it has the premium package. But, BMW apparently are jerks and while it seems the premium package just means you get a year of pre-paid sirius, the truth is if you don't get the premium package the darn sirius won't even show up on the menu and the dealer will try to charge you $500+ to simply unlock it, even though it's pre-wired and ready to go. Jerks. Granted, 95% of their cars have the premium package on the lots, so it rarely comes up as an issue, but sure pissed me off.
Thanks! Go check out my intro thread in our General Discussion forum here and you will see I am an OEM+ guy.

On the latter subject, I do have the original sticker for the car. I need to go take a close look at it. Here's the kicker. I have ALL of those options EXCEPT the convenience key and the damn SAT radio (doesn't show up in iDrive). I did check the VIN through a decoder in order to determine what I needed to know before purchasing unlock through BimmerTech. It is equipped with prewire so it can just be unlocked.
Appreciate 0