View Single Post
      04-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #15
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Thanks! Go check out my intro thread in our General Discussion forum here and you will see I am an OEM+ guy.

On the latter subject, I do have the original sticker for the car. I need to go take a close look at it. Here's the kicker. I have ALL of those options EXCEPT the convenience key and the damn SAT radio (doesn't show up in iDrive). I did check the VIN through a decoder in order to determine what I needed to know before purchasing unlock through BimmerTech. It is equipped with prewire so it can just be unlocked.
Interesting. When you go to put those pedals on, assuming you're doing it yourself, they can be a real bitch for the brake pedal and just be careful as I know one person who chipped a tiny corner piece of the black plastic on his brake pedal squeezing/fitting the metal around it.

I know for one period of time, BMW was offering some "value package" which was free leather and USB/Ipod thing I believe, so that may be what you see on the sticker. I think all the cars post 2009 come pre-wired for satellite, so to have to pay a dealer or otherwise to simply unlock it on the menu is ridiculous. I wasn't going to reward that behavior but bimmertech was highly recommended and I was addicted to Sirius after my S5, so got it.

The before and afters with those pedals are pretty remarkable and I've actually gotten compliments on my pedals of all things from people, which is odd. Now enjoy the hell out of it.
Appreciate 0