View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneKid View Post
I was wondering about the reactionary. Do you really think that either computer takes so much time the mixture could get lean enough to detonate?
I don't like how it is reactionary, but my issue with the VTT is (and maybe I'm wrong about this) but it still only maxes out at 550ish hp? Then you have to add another HPFP to do any more? That gets pretty expensive pretty quick, and it seems like a lot of stress on an already prone-to-failure component. Also to be honest I'm not sure where it comes into play or how its not reactionary as well but you need an external controller for the VTT if you plan on running the piggyback pump yes? So I don't know why this wouldn't have the same issues as a port injection controller. (Again I could be wrong about this so don't 100 percent take my word).

Neither option is perfect, but I was hoping that port injection programming (with integration to the JB4) had come far enough that it was plenty safe to run now. Apparently I could be wrong about that and a simple yet expensive HPFP upgrade is the way to go?

Anywho, thanks for the info definitely another path that is worth considering.
Ignition cycles happen in milliseconds. No, I personally don't believe the JB4 can poll through the can-bus, process the data, and pass data back along the can-bus within a single ignition cycle. Not happening.

You are right, you quoted the limit of a single over-driven HPFP. VTT has a double HPFP system as well which just made 800whp+ on their stage 2 turbo upgrade. Can't speak for the specifics on how the double barrel shotgun system works... I was more stating that HPFP upgrades is the direction the community should be pushing... not slapping on "good enough" port injection without any real correlating control over direct injection... I was not promoting VTT and I have no experience with their product.

The issue with a HPFP being driven by a controller is NOT the same as port injection. Port injection can continue to spray when the DME has shut down individual cylinders (something the N54/N55 dme is capable of doing as a part of normal operating conditions for performance, efficiency, and safety). Yes, there will be a delay even with JB4 "fail-safes."

Secondary HPFP control just means that rail pressure may see some spikes/dips if something goes wrong or gets delayed. DME maintains its 100% control over all fuel injection (direct injection) and can safely shut down cylinders as it needs to without issue. A swing in rail pressure will not present much performance issues and can be tuned for (like building a bit pf excess pressure with the primary pump right before the rpm break-point where the secondary pump engages...).

I don't know how to say the above any more clearer than that lol

Last edited by bNks334; 07-11-2017 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
AB M2C73.50