10-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #42
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Where can you get power brake/ what sorta price? 350mm vs 355mm though, so slightly smaller!

Thoae willwoods are a great price! I can't see them for sale any more at uuc tho :/

Ed: vat is 20%, import duties are 20%.. Works out about the same lol

Performance frictions look great in every way.. But pad per piston sounds restrictive in choice and pricey to replace.. Plus initial price is very high... I'm not too sure they'd be awesome on a daily? (How fast they could wear?)

And formula 1 (and other series') teams run AP, willwood and brembo parts.. Other teams may run ksport if they want, it really (mostly) doesn't mean crap who races it.. often custom engineering for race teams..you never hear about replacing parts or long term (or even short term) wear especially on race cars for the most part..

And if you can guarantee the part will be the same as the race car (as in the performance fiction), on top of not really knowing how it will be long term on the street, the price strts VERY high.
Something to consider which most people don't think about it. How often do you plan on changing pads? Perf friction calipers are of a monoblock design which means you have to remove the caliper to change the pads, vs say like stop tech or brembo's which you can just pull some pins and then slide pads out. If you spend a lot of time swapping pads (like me for track events) the design of the brembos and stoptechs to swap pads w/o removing the calipers is a huge selling point for me, and several race teams.

Another thing to consider is longevity. As in how long are you going to be able to replacement pads/rotors? The bigger the company the more assured you are you'll be able to get parts for the car.