Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Thanks, guys!

The floor will be epoxy coated and there will be storage cabinets. Good point on the blocking to allow some tire racks! I'll make sure that gets done!

I'll have a basin sink with hot and cold water, which will also be the water source for a driveway hose for washing. As for heating and cooling, I don't really need heat in the winter. The garage in our current house never falls below 47 degrees and is not insulated. We will insulate this one. I can work in 47 degrees on the rare occasions when I am working on the car in the winter. Standalone AC for the summer will be added later if I end up needing it.

Workshop area will have an ethernet and coaxial port. I am planning on about 10 fluorescent lights up top on the slanted sides, some can lights over the workbench, and then a set of stand-mounted work lights for under the car or for providing direct light under the hood.

Fortunately, my kids are not explorers in the garage, so I don't have to worry about locking. The oil and brake fluid go on a top shelf. There will be a lockable master switch for the lift power, so I won't have to worry about them playing with that!

Good point on the fire extinguisher! Compressed air eventually . . . Minifridge . . . got it!
Appreciate 0