Stohlen
Major
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
Tires, if aired to the correct psi, will be just as safe stretched or not in average driving conditions. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to unseat the bead on a properly stretched tire at correct air pressure? Try it.

Avoid potholes and curbs and it's not an issue - the only issue would be using a backyard tire shop.

You seem like one of those people that like to talk just to hear their own voice.
So what you're saying is as long as you avoid the danger you're fine. What happens when you don't see a pot hole, or something falls off the back of a truck and you have to swerve aggressively to avoid it, or someone pulls out into an intersection when you're going 50 mph through it and your before you can even think you violently throw the wheel to get around it, but instead of being able to correct it, you're tires lose grip and you skid into a light pole, oncoming traffic, curb, etc. Its insane to think you can just avoid all danger and be okay. Not only are you putting yourself and risk, but others too. Yes I'm taking this to extremes, but these are things people don't think about when making modifications like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
Stretched tires are the new age ricer mod. Not only is it unsafe, your rims have no protection, and handling goes down the tubes. I honestly don't know how this became a fad.
I'm glad someone shares my opinion.
Appreciate 0