View Single Post
      07-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

It is similar to Cobb, but does offer a better screen and interface, and a much lower price. It has slower uploads than Cobb currently but that will improve. Also, the initial upload of base flash is once only thing that is done initially. I don't see it a bit deal to spend a bit more time the first time.

"Open source" does have different meaning in different markets. "Open Source" should not be used in the Automotive market unless it is dealing with source code. It has come to mean something different in the flash tuning industry to what it means in other software industries. In tuning it is more about the knowledge sharing of maps and tuning related information. In other industries it is about the knowledge sharing of the code itself. Clearly the naming is a bit misleading, and is the source of the confusion in this case. This tuning solution will enable the sharing of the tuning information.

I do plan to support flexfuel for the Procede including the backend flash. I still have to work out how to do this. It may be that I develop a jig to allow bench programming. It may be that I have a pool flash unit that I send to customers with a deposit system. I will have to work that out. I have not considered the LPFP upgrade yet. I will have to look into that. This would be a low volume thing that would only be useful for higher power cars.
Appreciate 0