05-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #16
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
Thanks mate.... Like you, I've owned enough cars to get a rough idea of how the system works.

I subscribe to the philosophy that if you believe you've got a good deal you've probably been ripped off!
Have to disagree, I tried trading in my Imola Yellow Audi S3, no go. The price was shocking, tried selling privately and that took alot longer but I still didn't get an overly good price compared to cars with black/silver. The car was 100% mint with low kms and full service history. The dealer said if it was silver, dolphin grey or black I'd have more chance.

Its a fact, outlandish colored cars do not have the same appeal such as the standard colors do for trading/selling. There ARE alot of people who DO like those outlandish colors (me included as I like red/yellow) but there are ALOT more who don't I've found. This generally only really works for the luxury cars in the upper segment as people tend to be alot fussier and appear to be in the more mature age bracket..

Silver and Mercedes is a classic example. Check out the prices for the purple mercedes...

That said, If I was wealthy enough to not give two hoots about resale, I'd chose a different color but I do also think about resale now for my cars having owned a yellow car in the past.
Appreciate 0