07-25-2013, 04:19 AM   #958
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Thanks! Yeah I was pretty happy with the trap speed. I think my shifts are getting faster which is helping to up the mph. I was at high 119s for the other runs that night. My previous best trap speed was around 118.

Get some E85 or meth and you'll get up there!

Moe has a 6AT so it's much easier to take off the line compared to a 6MT. His shifts are also probably faster and much more consistent as well. Both of these would help reduce ETs and improve trap speeds. His car however is heavier than mine by about 100kg which would also negatively affect the trap speed. With a sub 60ft Moe should be able to break 11s pretty easily I reckon.

Last time I was out I had much better 60ft times around 2.1 and even a 2.088. If I'd gotten that 60ft with the way my car was running last night I think I would have been able to get into the lower 12s. Maybe it's due to the tyre pressures... Last time I dropped it down to 32psi whereas this time I just kept it at 38-40psi. Next time I might try to drop it down again and see how I go. I was also a bit all over the place last night though with my launches, bogging, moving off the line etc etc...

Practice...

When are you coming out Shane? I think I plan on going out in 2 weeks time as that's when my friend in the 180sx will be free.
Yeah pretty much what I had thought (AT is always best at the drags)

What tyres are you using?

Hmm Wed is a pita for me, the sunday session would be much better for me, having said that my weekends have been busy lately
Appreciate 0