10-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #30
tazzydnc
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe MT, N55, PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrube View Post
Maybe I just got unlocky and got a shoty system, but my comfort access works probably about 20% of the time. My 135 never unlocks or locks by touching the handle unless I have the fob in my other hand and hold it close to the car. If the keys are in my pocket, starting the car works about once every 5 times, or else I have to plug the fob in. What is wrong with it??

I have a very similar problem. I have to be 5-10ft away from my car max for the fab to lock & unlock it. With the fob in my pocket, the door handle unlocks the car only sometimes, and while I never have any problems starting the car, it often flashes the "no key present" before starting the engine.

Took it to the dealer and they called and said they couldn't replicate the problem. Baffled, I drove to the dealer to pick up my car and when I tried the comfort access it worked perfectly every time.

Mine works perfectly some days, and not at all on others. My friend has a 335d sedan with comfort access and he has never had a problem with it. I drive a 2011 135i coupe with MT.
Appreciate 0