View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
You sound like me, we get our tire/suspension sorted and then go and mess with it again..lol. My stance with my coilovers was perfect initially. Since I've changed tires a few times, had a few alignments and a corner balance, removed some rear weight, etc. Now my front fenders sit a couple of mm lower than my front tires whereas I guess my rear fender lip is 5-10 mm above my current tires.

First off, I'm shocked to hear that S-Drives came in a 235/30/19. I've only seen like one 245/30/19 and most tires don't even come in 255/30/19.

My rear 255/30/19 PSS's arrived at Discount Tire today for install tomorrow. Our wheels have similar specs (mine are listed in my sig) but it sounds like you've had more issues than I have had so maybe you are a little lower, a little less cambered (I'm right at 2deg camber each side front and rear), or maybe the tires you've used are just that different.

My front offset is 7 mm less aggressive than yours but I've had 225/35 Falkens and Nittos that basically did not rub unless I kinda went up a bump aggressively while turning. I'm not close to needing new fronts, but when I do I plan 225/35/19 PSS's. I bet it will rub about like my Toyo 235/30s did, which was tolerable.

I initially had some rear Hankooks 245/35s that rubbed even after my aggressive roll, mainly with passengers or over bumps at speed. I kinda pulled the fenders more where needed while I had those tires. Next I removed my rear seat and switched to 255/30 Toyos and I never rub in the rear now. Actually I have so much space that it kinda looks bad so I want a "bigger" tire anyways. I still bet the PSS's will rub. If they rub too much I'll add some camber and I'm due for a lightweight battery soon also.

Somehow my rear Toyos lasted 35k miles but I'm traction challenged even with my LSD, especially when my tires are cold.

I'm very excited to see what happens tomorrow.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0