08-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #94
Canyon Carver
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LCI M2 - Long Beach Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
as a fellow Brooklyn-ite.....you are REALLY comprimising yourself and your car if you are running Summer tires in the winter. Really a bad idea. Whether you drive in snow or not it doesn't matter....when it is 30 degrees out and DRY your car is a safety hazard due to poor braking and poor handling on summer tires which are not working well in those temperatures.

and that one day you DO find yourself out on the weekend and it starts to snow, you will be in some major trouble so don't take that chance.

getting winter tires is NOT an added expense.....you save mileage anyways on your tires so they last longer. I think for us NYCers, storage is usually the biggest problem. Fortunately we have a little storage cage in our apartment building that we rent for all our extra 'stuff'.
Please step down from the soapbox you're on and refrain from telling me what "Chances" to take, I'm a grown man over 40 and haven't had an accident in 20 years (When I was hit by someone else). I've got enough seat time on the track to handle my car. Relax and enjoy the effortless traction in your Quattro...

(And maybe read my whole post - which at the end states, 'Ultimately, I want to get a set of Winter Tires / Rims at some point')

2018 M2 LCI - Long Beach Blue Metallic - MT
2017 Camaro SS - MT (Sold)
2011 135i N55 - MT - Suspension+Stage 1 PPK (Sold)
Appreciate 0