View Single Post
      01-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
dknl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matals View Post
I dont expect to get extra money back, if anything i would expect insurance to go up because they see you as more of a "risk" by improving the performance of your car. Also if you dont tell them about your mods and they didnt ask then do you think you would still be covered by your insurance?
If they can find a reason not to pay out im sure they will try it, not intending on driving stupid and causing damage but i cant afford for an accident to happen and they refuse to pay out.
Read your insurance renewal forms and contract

It states in clear text that all modifications to the car must be reported and it is your responsibility to do so. They have and will refuse claims based on what the claims adjuster finds. When i got into a no fault accident with a truck, the adjuster took pictures of my front mount intercooler. I asked what he was doing and he was saying its my job to report any changes to the vehicle. He put it on my file and i was faced with an increase in my premiums. I changed insurers after that.
If you get into an accident and its found to be caused by excessive speed, the adjuster who will come examine the damage will report anything he finds including modifications which will make your insurance null and void.
Appreciate 0