Thread: Rear rotors
View Single Post
      04-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #49
hoki06
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

The point several of us are trying to make is that cheap, no name blank rotors have no noticeable lack of performance when compared to brand name blank rotors (or slotted/drilled/gold plated/ect). We know this from years of on track experience which has formed these opinions.

A lot of people come on these boards and look for guidance on which parts to buy. Most people are also looking to save a buck or two when possible. When people start blindly throwing out suggestions for brand name products when cheaper alternatives are just as good, it's concerning. There are a lot of parts where you absolutely get what you pay for. Wheels, suspension, and body parts are some I'd say spend some extra $$ on for the good stuff. From my experience, I'd say rotors do not fall in that category.

If I can buy a set of cheap rotors that last 80% of the brand name rotors at 1/4 the price, why would I not do that?

In the end it's not my money being spent but I'd like to try and help keep the facts in front of people. There's no need to spend $100/rotor when you can go buy all 4 for $150-200 and get the same performance.
Appreciate 0