View Single Post
      04-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Regarding the charge pipe, VRSF makes a good piece, but the BOV is for N54 only. On our N55's the only thing connected to the charge pipe is the MAP sensor.

Your first few times on track, you may not notice this issue, but limp mode due to high oil temps is a fairly common issue on this platform. People end up installing all sorts of custom oil cooler setups, but so far I'm not quite to that level. For a little extra peace of mind, you could get MHD and flash the "track" coolant target setting when you're out on track. I did that at my last track day and had no problems with oil temp for a 20 min session.

Most importantly, have fun, keep an open mind, check your ego at the gate, and be ready to learn! There will be miatas (and s2000's, BRZ's, etc) that are faster than you everywhere but the straights, so if you see one closing in, give them a point-by and let them pass, and then try to follow their lines and learn where you can get better!
AndyW669.00