View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

What Carbon Fiber stuff would you guys like? (6/27/12 UPDATE with pics)

Hey Guys,

I have recently been put into a very interesting situation. A friend of my father's, a Chinese businessman, and his son have been working with their contacts in China to produce some new and unique firearms modifications. It recently came to my attention that these same contacts could possibly also go into the business of carbon fiber, specifically carbon fiber parts for our cars.

This past weekend we all had a brief meeting and this idea definitely seems doable, as long as there is sufficient interest in this. We would be using an existing factory and we would pretty much be making what you guys want us to make. I have no particular direction I am thinking of taking regarding the specific CF parts I want to be made, so I am leaving it up to you guys.

I know a lot of people on here are very cautious when it comes to China-made carbon fiber, but I am confident that if there's interest I can provide some cheaper, more varied, and good-quality alternatives to what is already out there. I don't want this to turn into yet another China-based knockoff part factory.

Since I would be involved, I would make quality control a top priority since I am all too familiar with the junk we have put up with in the past. I am also confident that China can indeed make a good quality carbon fiber product, as my China-made eyelids have a near flawless weave and clearcoat, though the fit left something to be desired. Also, since the infrastructure is already in place overseas, I am thinking I won't run into the same trouble iCarbon did and not be able to keep up with demand. But all of this depends on if our contacts think there is indeed enough interest for this endeavor, so don't be shy in letting me know if there's anything at all that you guys would want!

So.. all that said... Would YOU buy a Carbon Fiber piece from China from me? What pieces do you guys have interest in? What price range would you find acceptable for said pieces? Also, what style would you guys like the pieces to be in? Making pieces out of plastic and fiberglass is also possible, so let me know if anyone would be interested in that as well.

Even if you're not sure about anything at all, please post to let me know you're interested at all! Getting this project off the ground requires input from enthusiasts like yourselves.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 06-27-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0