Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
if you spec a 128 w/m package front and rear bumpers and trim, then you get theses from the factory..

The only bad thing is that the duct just ends into the face of the spinning tire.. It does allow cooler / fresh air to enter the wheel well area, but by no means i would call them "brake cooling ducts" but they dont hurt either..

to add, i have the Perf Brakes on my car ( 6 piston brembos ) and i track 5-6 times a year.. my stock pads were pretty good, till i got better... better means bigger testicals to brake harder and later into some pretty wild corners at high rates of speed with your daily driver.. I run cool carbons for the spring to fall months, and stock pads for the winter.. cool carbons are def less dust.
Is it even possible to retrofit cooling ducts onto a (non-M-Sport) 128i?

I was at the track last week and my car felt really good - but I wanted more brakes. I think once you sort the suspension, that becomes the 128i's "weak link." So that'll probably be my next mod, I think...but it would be cool to add some ducting, if possible. I was also looking at vented backing plates and brake ducting hose, but I can't figure out a place to route it to to let air in...would consider swapping bumpers if needed.