View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

135i vs. 135is - Is the 135is worth it?

Hey guys, I'm considering getting a new 2013 1 series convertible. Was going to go with the 135i, but the 135is only works out to a couple grand more the way that I've spec'd it out. Was wondering if it's worth it. I don't care about the blacked out grill or the badges or any of that crap. Just wondering if it's worth it from a performance perspective. Other than the additional 20HP, are there any significant suspension or handling tweaks?

I couldn't find any comparison reviews online for the 135is vs. 135i. In fact, I couldn't even find any reviews for the 135is OR 135i. Does anyone have links to any good reviews? Curious what the auto pundits say about the 135i and 135is.

It's between the 1 series and a 2013 Porsche Boxster (non-S) and the reviews on the Boxster are fantastic so I'm curious how the 1er fairs. What I like about the 1 is that it's going to be a bit faster than the Boxster. One thing I really want is passing power on the highway and I suspect the 135i and definitely the 135is will have a lot more getup and go on the highway. The Boxster is about $8k more expensive, but it works out to be a negligible difference for me in the monthly payments.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0