04-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #34
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Trying to explore a possible explanation for the difference in "gap" between driver's side tailpipes and passenger's side tailpipes.

In another thread I wrote:

Forum fellow Alpine* seconded that:

Checked the installation manual: apparently, Akra suggests to let screws/bolts of both tailpipes face each other (thus not visible from the side, but also not symmetrically facing the inside of the 1M chassis).

Can you check how the bolts of the Akra tailpipes are mounted on your 1M ? Symmetrically facing the inside of the 1M chassis (like on the 1M of Alpine* and on mine) or facing each other as suggested by Akra ?

Attachment 823511Attachment 823512

I leave the remote permanently plugged into the 12V cigarette lighter socket (ashtray) as, for me, that's the right spot to keep it and operate it (and to avoid wear and tear + hide from preying eyes). Hence, unfortunately, I cannot comment on its behavior during "unplugged" use. Maybe the battery inside your remote is almost discharged ?

Below are the relevant pages of the Wireless Kit installation manual. As you will note, the lost signal phenomenon is perfectly normal: it flashes to warn you that 'Ground Control' has lost 'Major Tom'. The signal resumes (reconnects) as soon as practically possible (that's also why the remote shifts back to "Code Red" automatically after the lost signal hiccup: 'Ground Control' resumed contact with 'Major Tom' ).

Ah, that interference thing... back in the nineties a friend of mine managed to sometimes set off the car alarm of a car by simply switching on the microwave in her kitchen located next to the driveway where the car was parked. But, hey, also the 1M can set off car alarms, especially in underground car parks where the exhaust rumble echoes, uh, loud and clear.

Attachment 823514Attachment 823515
Hi Artemis,
So I finally got a chance to take some pictures. My Akra tips are installed facing each other as suggested by Akra in the installation manual.
The problem I have is that the tips on both sides are not properly aligned with the diffuser, so the gaps are not even on both sides.
Attached Images