Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would say buy the best tires you can afford. They are you ONLY link/connection to the road. I think the Michelin PS2's are the way to go here. Why do you want the more expensive PSS ? Were are talking about spending, what $50 more per tire? How much did you pay for your car? $45K?

$788(Dunlaps) vs $1014 (Michelin PSS's) ?

Just to be clear... you are talking about going with non run flats and in the 225/255 sizes, right?

Here are the results from a search I did on Tire Rack's website:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...=8&sortValue=0
Not sure what got messed up with your search but both dunlops have the sizes I am looking for and yes you are correct on the specs.

I dont really believe the way tires are sold that the only good way to tell the "best" tire is by paying the most. For instance, the "median" dunlops I have listed have very impressive track and street driving results as well as very good treadwear, etc. etc. yet at a far less price than the pss's or ps2's. And finally the main reason I removed the ps2's from my list were because of the pss's coming out and reading many different reviews stating that this tire certainly would outperform the ps2 in every way, yes its a bit more expensive and yes its the highest cost tire of my three, but theres many reasons other than that for it being there.
Appreciate 0