View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #38
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post
I'm on my 3rd 135i. Love them, special niche car, power, rear seat, room for golf clubs, decent handling, but not over the top. I'm not familiar with the Z but from my experience if the G37 sedan is the same drive train as the Z, then I would have to suggest the BMW snob factor is reeking some stink from some of these posts. In my wife's G37 sedan (2013 with 800 miles), power is close to the 135i, however more responsive, torque a bit less at the low RPM's but pulls all the way to 8k, unlike the N54 engine, way smoother and you can feel the cams hit, like a high-performance NA engine. I haven't leaned on the sedan in the twisties yet, but so far I've been amaised on how the sedan feels so light on it feet, and shifts from the automatic 7 speed are silken. I'm just calling a spade as a spade. I love BMW, owned over 20 over the years, but to my surprise there's some serious competition out there, although its not cheap! I have to admit, BMW going to 4 cyl is. Not what I would like to see in a 3500 lb car. Probably not my last BMW but frankly I'm not impressed in the new generation 3series.
How the hell can you even make those claims? If you're "pulling all the way to 8k" with 800 miles on the clock, your credibilty is already in question. Personally as a G37S owner (but an 08) that I sold at 40K on the clock, it was a nice car, certaintly had some attributes I liked and others I didn't, but we did own it for a while after I bought my 135i. It may have given the 135 a run for it's money in the long race but would have already lost the short race and would only be playing catch up. 135i with modest mods....G37 didn't hold a candle to it. Stock for stock, the G37S we had handled way better than my 135 (non-sport vert) and even with my current mods, probably would still be a close call. Hoping my future mods improve upon that. 3 series....blah, no thanks!
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0