View Single Post
      10-25-2008, 01:17 AM   #61
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
When we went shopping for our 1 series, we test drove a 128i with leatherette. My wife felt sick on the test drive, but we figured it was my aggressive driving. A few days later we sat in another 128i with leatherette, and the same nausea returned. In the end, we bough a car with Boston leather, and so far she has not felt sick or nauseous once.

My vote is that your GF has a sensitivity to the synthetic material used in the leatherette - assuming your car isn't leather.
leatherette is made from PVC which contains lead, a chemical known to cause cancer

http://www.calprop65.com/pvc.html

"Leatherette is a form of artificial leather, usually made by covering a fabric base with plastic. The fabric can be made of a natural or a synthetic fibre which is then covered with a soft PVC layer." (from wikipedia)

There is a general purpose warning on page 6 of the manual, but it doesn't say exactly what parts of the interior are effected.

The 128 CNN tested probably had the leatherette.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0