Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
With adjustable plates, you have far more adjustment range for camber than for caster. In any case, you want to maximize caster.

Neil
Q.
Neil, you wrote earlier in an other post that you changed the camber for track use and it was an easy thing to do. I presume your toe was set for street use along with the camber?
By changing your camber settings it will per definition also change your toe.
This change in toe settings is something you can not adjust at the track without the proper tools or i'm I missing out on something here?

Currently I have +722min caster but I can't compare with the stock set up and they don't show on the BMW specification sheet.

Thanks for any feedback on the matter.

I'm still in the learning process in case you shouldn't noticed
I came in here to empathize this.

Get your car on a rack, set it and forget it. Changing back and forth from street to track will change toe and you'll never get an official/exact -3* camber (or whatever you want)

As well, whoever said running -2 and not getting understeer? That's a low number.

I run -2.3 via shims and still get a ton of understeer and outside wear on the tire. Running 0 toe will drastically increase turn in.

As far as caster, there is not official number but the farther you can get the wheel up front the better turn in you can achieve
Appreciate 0