View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Sport Auto's Super Test Data on 1M Factory Alignment Settings

I did buy the Sport Auto's issue including 1M Super Test back in July/2011 and still keeping it and checking data time to time as a reference. Today, I noticed that they also provided "achsgeometrie" (wheel alignment) data of the bone stock 1M that they tested there (at page 22), so I thought I better post these numbers in this recent thread since Sport Auto's printed data are usually more precise than most others.

It's in German of course, so I used an online translator to understand it but mostly the numbers tell what they are about. German speakers please correct or confirm if you deem it necessary.

First, the "measured value" of their test car, then the "setting range according to manufacturer":

Measured Value:

Front Axle: Nachlauf (caster?) 6°54', Spur (toe?) 0°32',
Sturz (camber?) -1°36'

Rear Axle: Spur (toe?) 0°20', Sturz (camber?) -1°19'

Settings Range According to Manufacturer:

Front Axle: Caster from 6°50' up to 7°50', Toe from 0°02' up to 0°18' and camber from -0°55' up to -1°45'

Rear Axle: Toe from 0°02' up to 0°18' and camber from -1°33' up to -1°58'

I double checked above numbers in order not to make an error, those I posted above are the printed numbers in that issue.

Hope this helps to the purpose of this thread.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 05-12-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0