03-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
My local indy shop quoted $850 labor for complete brake job I have to provide the performance brake kit, he told me the car needs to be reprogram can anyone clarify if this is requires?

According to BMW service bulletin board this has to perform.
RETROFIT AND PROGRAM/RECODE THE COMPLETE VEHICLE USING THE LATEST ISTA/P
VERSION

We are talking about simple brake pad and rotor replacement right>? Only coding I know you need is for the 128i when you install the yellow Performance calipers and rotors. THEN on a 128i you need coding for the new larger 135i brakes on a 128i chassis.

No coding is necessary when replacing brake pads or rotors(on either a 128i or 135i). You WILL have to reset the service due lights - in the BC info. Beside rotors and pads you will also need to replace the brake pad sensor for that axle. On the LF and RR are the brake pad wear sensors. You MUST replace the sensor WITH the pads IF you want the BC light to reset with my DIY. IF you wait too long to do this... only a dealer can reset that pad light then.

DIY resetting service "due" lights…
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415111

OP it is darn silly for you to only replace your rotors!! You should also replace your brake pads too(and pad sensors!). OR... you run the risk of wearing out your brand new rotors. The squeal will return.

135i bmw

front brake rotors = $178 each ($143 discounted)
pads = $208 (set) ($166 discounted)
wear sesnor = $25 (one per axle) ($19 discounted)

Discounted prices are from Getbmwparts.com (just to show you there ARE choices out there!) I am sure that any of the other vendors here could do the same deal too.

http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/201...ow=1&maxRow=10

So even going off of dealer LIST, taht is only $589 for parts. Only other things you would need is some brake fluid (1L, $10) and two rotor set screws($2 each).

Most dealer would charge a max of two hours labor. Plus maybe another hour(max) to bleed the brakes. Figure $120 per hour... that comes up to $963 plus shop fee's and taxes. AND like I said... I think you can do way better than that price.

Dack
Appreciate 0