Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitche View Post
Hi everyone,

Just bought a 2012 bmw 128i - standard suspension (non-sport). Just wondering if anyone has noticed that the 2012 128i's front end seems to have a higher ground clearance than the 2011? I know it's been redesigned since last year- air curtains and fog lights most notably- but I'm not sure how much higher the front end sits than previous years or why, any thoughts?

Also, I've read some reviews about the sport package's sport suspension online and it seems to be a pretty common point of dissatisfaction on the 1 series because of the everyday harsh ride. Does anyone out there actually prefer the standard suspension on these more petite chassis? Any educated thoughts or experience with the matter? Thanks guys!
I usually notice that characteristic on all non sport BMW, the front wheel well has quite some room. The Harsh ride comes not really from suspension but from the Run Flat tires, and the addition of 18Inch wheels for Sport package. Many threads here talk about night and day comfort differences once they go away from Run flats in 18inch size. In any case, I cant comment on the non spot suspension, but if you feel you have too much body roll, there are ways to reduce it using e9x m3/BMW 1m parts like sway bars and other bushings.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0